We haven’t tabulated all of the feedback yet but word on the street is that the 45th reunion held April 20-22, 2018 was a big success!
THANK YOU. The Jubilate Alumni Board would like to once again thank everyone involved with making this weekend a wonderful event.
- The directors: Carl Beard, Len Willingham, Mike Norris, Alba Beasley
- All of the UBC folks, especially Dr. Matt Tennant, Nancy Gaines, Carolyn Lowry, Robby and Judy Gough, Anne and WC Keith, Pam Beasley, Will Brown, Larry Johnson, Barbara Moore
- Photographer Wilford Tiller
- Diane Mundell and the other members of the Jubilate Alumni Board
- Soloists Ed Fontaine and Evan Young
- Composer and musician Vince Wilcox and musician Stan Hamrick
- The current Jubilate singers
- All others too numerous to mention!
THE NUMBERS. I texted people after rehearsals that I was in singing heaven. Here are some of the numbers: just shy of 110 voices (glorious sound), four directors, singers college age to something above 60, learning 10 songs in about six hours, four-part harmony.
REUNITING–STORIES OF THE 2018 REUNION. What are some of your stories from the reunion? Who did you see and catch up with? What are some of the old stories–and laughs–that you shared? If you want to share stories and pictures, please do! We’re trying to start a series on Reuniting. Send your stories to Molly Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE MUSIC. Hallelujah, Amen from Judas Maccabaeus; Jubilate Deo; Prayer of St. Francis; American Tune; Climbin’ Up That Mountain; Sing Me to Heaven; Wondrous Love; For the Beauty of the Earth; Lift High the Cross; Beautiful Savior. We are aiming to post a link to the concert soon. Here’s a link to the group singing Jubilate Deo. Wonderful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPA7DNBQC0
PICTURES. Jubilate was lucky to have a wonderful photographer, Wilford Tiller, join us for the whole weekend. He took pictures at rehearsals, the banquet, and the concert. Look for these on the website some time in May.
Thanks again everyone–see you in 2023!